Want to know about updates, news and special offers?
Buy a License
Like to know more about ?
You can read the PDF User Guide online and know in details how the app works
Mac Shutdown is the app to shutdown the Mac when unattended under different conditions.
From release 3 now with options of 'Soft Shutdown' and 'Hard Shutdown' issued at system level
Just an example: it can help a user start a download of big files over the net in the night and have the Mac automatically turned off when the download is finished.
It is customizable using an easy to use setting setup panel (no coding or editing of script required).
It's small, fast, simple and reliable and now more stable then ever and fully complaint with the latest OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
The user can choose to shutdown the Mac:
- On a scheduled plan
- On a specific date and time
- When a generic file is removed or moved on your Hard Disk
- When a download is finished: using Safari using Firefox or Camino or Netscape using Speed Download
- At launch time to use it via Apple iCal
- When a keyword is found inside a continuously checked web wage
Using the scheduled plan the user can set any repetitive interval, selecting a time and a day of the week or any day or any weekday and so on.
With the 'On date' option the user can specify the preferred date and time.
The user can select to have the settings always enabled or to disable them after a shutdown … and more.
From release 3 the app uses two different types of Shutdown, the 'Soft Shutdown' and the 'Hard Shutdown'
- The 'Soft Shutdown' is issued at finder level and ask to all the running app to quit before shut down the Mac (is the method used also in the previous release 2).
- The 'Hard shutdown' is issued at system level and offer a very low level of probability of having the shut down interrupted by an app refusing to quit.
The Hard Shutdown is implemented using the latest Apple technology in authorization services and management of escalation privileges to execute admin functions.
It's simple to use but very powerful.
The operation is executed by Apple native technology with check of digital signature for safety of the operations (the escalation privileges is even not allowed by the system if the tool is not correctly digitally signed).
Mac Shutdown is available only from developer web site (code signed for Gatekeeper under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and code signed also to work correctly when escalation privileges are required to perform admin task such as shutting down)
New in this release:
- New and modern interface.
- 'Soft Shutdown' and the new 'Hard Shutdown' using the suggested Apple method with Authorization Services and Privileged Helper Tools via Launch Services with digital signature.
- Rewritten engine.
- Increased stability.
- Bug fix
- Codesigned for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Gatekeeper